Written by: Haransh Saini
DIY always excites us because it’s fun and most importantly doesn’t hurt the pocket a bit! Yes, we mean it saves us some real dollars. Along, with being pocket-friendly, it’s simple, interesting and having control over all the ingredients is the best part.
And, we know that sometimes doing it all by yourself can get a little too overwhelming so, sit back and rely on our tips.
Below are the quickest and easiest DIY hair and face masks that won’t take much of your time.
The first hair mask we will be talking about requires the most basic ingredient that is easily found everywhere and is also a part of most people’s hair regime – Coconut oil.
1. THE MOISTURIZING COCONUT HAIR MASK
Not only is coconut oil good for your health and skin, but it is also extremely beneficial for your hair. It works like true magic for people who have dry, weak or frizzy hair.
Some of the key benefits of Coconut oil are:
- Helps to reduce protein loss.
- Makes sure to deeply moisturise and replenish the hair.
- A go-to and the quickest solution to cure dryness in hair.
2. THE REPLENISHING BANANA AND OLIVE OIL HAIR MASK
These two ingredients are super-rich in vitamins and minerals and are best to cure dry, dull and damaged hair. Bananas are rich in potassium and olive oil has vitamin E and healthy fats.
Some of the key benefits of using banana and olive oil are:
- Banana helps in balancing the pH levels of the scalp and also strengthens the hair.
- Olive oil makes hair look sleek, smooth and shiny because of being rich in vitamin E.
- It also heals damaged hair that causes split ends or breakage.
1. A REFRESHING AND COOLING FACE MASK
A mask so rejuvenating that it will be your best friend after a long and stressful day at work. It is best suitable for oily skin.
Some of the key benefits of using mint leaves, egg whites and cucumbers:
- Egg white helps to remove the excess oil from the skin.
- The cucumbers and mint leaves bring in the much needed antioxidants into your skin and enrich it with Vitamin C.
2. THE MIXED SKIN HONEY MASK
A quick soothing face paste that works well for a majority of skin types.
Some of the key benefits of lemon, cinnamon and honey are:
- Lemon acid helps to exfoliate and energize the skin
- The acid also helps to minimise dark spots.
- Honey helps to control breakouts.
- Cinnamon works in reducing redness.
3. THE READY TO HUSTLE MASK
Well, we named this mask “The Ready To Hustle Mask” because it specifically works towards curing puffiness and dark circles so that you are all set to take on the Monday Blues!
Some of the key benefits of using coffee and honey:
- Coffee can work as an agent to reduce swelling and puffiness.
- Honey can be a good moisturizer for your skin.
So, convert your home into a quick spa session as and when needed using these easy DIY face and hair masks.
Which one is your favourite? Ours is definitely the ready-to-hustle mask!